Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Ava's Baptism

Cody came down from Purdue to watch Ava be baptized. He said "he is a man to his word"--and that is true!
These pics are small because they were shot at the church





What a feeling to be standing there in front of the church holding Ava. The lights were already hot while beaming down on us, it was almost as if God was speaking directly to us. "Take care of this child, love this child, teach this child my ways (not the World's ways) of love, compassion, forgiveness, grace..and so on. My whole body was covered in goose bumps. It was such an honor to have Pastor Scott baptize our children. We have a deep respect for him as our pastor and as a man. We are blessed to have been adopted into such a wonderful church family. No church is perfect, and when you seek imperfection, you always will find it. But we stay because we feel that is where we are called to be.
These passages are always in my mind- Matthew 19:14 Jesus said "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these".. I see this child like faith with Olivia and her belief in Jesus is so sincere and her witness to others comes from the heart. I desire to be more like her.
3 John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.



There were several people who went in front of us. I didn't think Ava was going to make it, but she did!

No comments:

Post a Comment