Monday, May 31, 2010

I was blessed by this

Title: Is It Good for Me?

Yesterday we looked at a piece of property on the sea. There were lovely woods to one side, two tall, scraggly, very picturesque pine trees on the other, huge rocks which turn pink in the sunset below, and in front miles and miles of blue ocean.It is not always easy to know whether a thing we long for is a temptation from Satan to distract us from obedience and make us discontent, or something God actually wants to give us and therefore wants us to pray for. There is no such thing as something "too good to be true." God isloving and lavishly generous and has promised to give what is good--that is, what He who is omniscient knows to be good for us.So today I asked Him to give me the prayers He wants me to pray and to give or withhold anything according to his plan for me. Nothing is too big to ask of Him, not even an ocean lot. It is God's business to decide if it is good for me. It is my business to obey Him.
"No good thing will He withhold from them that walk uprightly" (Ps 84:11).
Written by Elizabeth Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment