Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The wheels on the bus....

Here it comes... I can't really describe how I was feeling as the bus was approaching; I guess in a way I was kind of numb. Like Wow is this day really here now? The anticipation of this day happening hasn't left my mind since her last day of pre-school. I was so nervous, but yet so thrilled because Brad and I knew she was "ready". The last 5 years quickly flashed through my head...I gave her a kiss as I was shaking and told her that "I loved her and that to give God her Best" (as I always do when I leave her anywhere) and she walked on. I took her picture and she sat 2 rows back on the right side. I said "Hi" to the Bus Driver, Mr Steve. He had a gentle demeanor about him. His voice was soothing and I think he could feel what I was going thru. I told her I loved her again and I got off. Oh and I said "ya know she is a kindergartner" He said "yes I know". I also wanted to say, but didn't " and that's my baby so be careful on this big ol' bus". A bus has never looked so big then when Liv was on it by HERSELF. I got off the bus and then the tears really started to flow...Brad was kind of quiet. I asked him what he was thinking and he said "she is ready". We hurried to our car and went straight to the school to capture more videos. The hardest part was over.
Mr Steve the bus driver

1 comment:

  1. Livie, Livie, Livie,
    How is it ever possible that you are now in kindergarten? I know that you will do well and I am so very proud of you. I can't wait to hear all about it. Love you lots, Mema

    ReplyDelete