Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Cooking class at YMCA







A few weeks ago Olivia started taking a cooking class at the YMCA on Fridays. Her teacher is from Venezuela and has a pretty heavy accent. She is great with the kids and is very vibrant and has a lot of energy. The first week's theme was "Green Eggs and Ham" to celebrate Dr Seuss' birthday. Ms. Mary read the "Green Eggs and Ham" book to the class. Later when we got home Olivia wanted me to read the book the same way Ms. Mary did. I think she was intrigued by her accent. I was impressed that she ate the green eggs too! This past week she helped make chicken nuggets and this Friday is Pizza day. I have to start bringing my lunch while I watch her cook; I get so hungry smelling the food. We also started swimming on Wednesdays. It's hard for me to take pictures, but I'll try. Sometimes I feel like I am the only person taking photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment